U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Today, Wednesday, July 21 at 2:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. HT, U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-Hawaiʻi), chairman of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, will lead a legislative hearing to receive testimony on S.1797, the Urban Indian Health Providers Facilities Improvement Act, S.1895, the Indian Health Service Sanitation Facilities Construction Enhancement Act, and H.R.1688, the Native American Child Protection Act.
Chairman Schatz and the committee will hear from the Indian Health Service, the Department of the Interior, and leaders from Tribes and Tribal organizations on the three bills on the agenda.
Today, July 21, 2021
What: Schatz to lead Senate Committee on Indian Affairs Legislative Hearing.
- Mr. Randy Grinnell, Deputy Director for Management Operations, Indian Health Service, Rockville, MD
- Ms. Heidi Todacheene, Senior Advisor, Office of the Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior, Washington, DC
- The Honorable Jonathan Nez, President, Navajo Nation, Window Rock, AZ
- The Honorable Gil Vigil, President, National Indian Child Welfare Association, Portland, OR
- Ms. Robyn Sunday-Allen, Vice President, National Congress of Urban Indian Health, Washington, DC
When: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. HT
How to join: Access the live stream here.