U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Tomorrow, Wednesday, June 23 at 2:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. HT, U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-Hawaiʻi), chairman of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, will lead a roundtable discussion, “Concrete Solutions: Building a Successful Foundation for Native Communities’ Infrastructure Development.”
Schatz and the committee will hear from tribal, Native Hawaiian, and administration witnesses about opportunities for and existing challenges to successful deployment of infrastructure in Native communities.
Tomorrow, June 23, 2021
WHAT: Schatz to lead Senate Committee on Indian Affairs Roundtable Discussion.
- Mr. Anthony “Morgan” Rodman, Executive Director, White House Council on Native American Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Jason Freihage, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Management – Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
- The Honorable Janet Davis, Chairwoman, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Nixon, Nevada
- The Honorable David Flute, Secretary, South Dakota Department of Tribal Relations, Pierre, South Dakota
- Mr. William Aila, Jr., Chairman, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Kapolei, Hawaii
- Mr. Anthony Walters, Executive Director, National American Indian Housing Council, Washington, D.C.
- Ms. Carol Gore, President & CEO, Cook Inlet Housing Authority, Anchorage, Alaska
- Mr. Godfrey Enjady, President, National Tribal Telecommunications Association, Chandler, Arizona
WHEN: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. HT
HOW TO JOIN: Access the live stream here.