New Mexico Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Task Force public meeting October 8
State of New Mexico Indian Affairs Department
The New Mexico Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW) Task Force will be hosting a public meeting tomorrow, Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: WebEx Virtual Meeting
To join this meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the registration link.
9:30 a.m. Welcome and Overview
9:35 a.m. Update from NM Task Force on Activities/Deadlines/Next Steps
9:50 a.m. Opening statement from Mattee Jim providing an overview of the meeting, clarifying the two discussions and highlighting the importance of youth and LGTBTQ2S voices
10:00 – 10:50 a.m. Panel 1
- Pueblo Action Alliance Intern, Jaelynn Littlebear
- Youth perspective TatankaSkaWin "Tata" Swiftbird
- Coalition to Stop Violence Against Native Women, Native Youth Program , Coordinator, Jovita Belgarde
- Q & A
10:50 – 11:40 a.m. Panel 2
- Sheldon Shante Nunez-Velarde, 2 Spirit cultural knowledge keeper
- "Transcending the Binary" Renae Swope, Independent Consultant
- Q & A
11:40 a.m. Moderator Wrap-up
11:50 a.m. Closing: Traditional Women's Honor/Encouragement song by Vandee Crane, Oka Wicasa (John Swiftbird), and Swiftbird Drum
IMPORTANT NOTICE: MEETING WILL BE TRANSCRIBED USING VIDEO/AUDIO RECORDING. Any information shared during the meeting may be referenced by the task force in its final report. Should you have concerns, please contact the organizers of this event and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. email@example.com.