Navajo Nation Administration presents the priorities of the Navajo People
Navajo Nation - Office of the President and Vice President
Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez and Vice President Myron Lizer officially introduced newly appointed cabinet members that will serve as part of the Nez-Lizer Administration and presented the administration’s priorities during the State of the Navajo Nation Address to the 24th Navajo Nation Council, on Monday.
“The Office of the President and Vice President is pleased to present the priorities listing for the Nez-Lizer Administration, which were developed based upon many conversations and dialogues with the Navajo People over the course of several months. We view the priorities as mandates set forth by the Navajo people,” President Nez added. “During our campaign, we visited over 70 chapters/communities and the resounding call for change was overwhelming. Together, we have to work collaboratively to create solutions and positive change for our people.”
He added that the mandates of the Navajo people cannot be accomplished by one branch of government alone, but rather through a cooperative working relationship among the three branches of government.
Together, President Nez and Vice President Lizer presented the priorities that are centered on family, behavioral and mental health, housing, economic development, budget and finance, education and cultural language preservation, government affairs and policy, public safety, infrastructure, and agriculture and land leases.
The priorities of First Lady Phefelia Herbert-Nez and Second Lady Dottie Lizer include cooperative extension education, arts, literacy, domestic violence awareness, volunteerism, missing and murdered indigenous women, faith-based initiatives, and others.
President Nez and Vice President Lizer also introduced cabinet members for the Nez-Lizer Administration who were seated in the audience. Among the new and returning appointees in attendance included the following:
- Chief of Staff for the Office of the President and Vice President Paulson Chaco
- Attorney General Doreen Nanibaa McPaul
- Department of Health Executive Director Dr. Jill Jim
- Division of Community Development Dr. Pearl Yellowman
- Division of Transportation Executive Director Garret Silversmith
- Division of Economic Development Executive Director JT Willie
- Division of Public Safety Executive Director Jesse Delmar
- Navajo Nation Washington Office Executive Director Santee Lewis
- Division of General Services Executive Director Lombardo Aseret
- Division of Human Resources Executive Director Dr. Perphelia Fowler
- Navajo Nation Environmental Protection Agency Executive Director Oliver Whaley
- Navajo-Hopi Land Commission Office Executive Director Robert K. Black, Jr.
- Telecommunications Regulatory Commission Director Christopher Becenti
- Division of Natural Resources Executive Director Dr. Rudy R. Shebala
“On behalf of our administration, we congratulate the 24th Navajo Nation Council and we look forward to building a positive and productive working relationship with each of you for the benefit of our people and the Navajo Nation,” stated President Nez.