Fort Hall residential fire considered a total loss

Pictured: The cause of a Fort Hall residential fire appeared to be a rekindle from a bathroom fan fire that occurred previously.(Photo: Fort Hall Fire, courtesy Shoshone-Bannock Tribes)

Press Pool

No injuries to people, animals, or firefighters

News Release

Shoshone-Bannock Tribes

 At 1:33 a.m. on Wednesday night, the Fort Hall Fire Department responded to a house fire on Reservation Road (east of Morgan Road). Upon arrival of the first unit, they found the roof was fully engulfed in flames and had partially collapsed.

According to the homeowner, the home was being remodeled at the time of the fire.

Fire Chief Eric King state, “the owner stated there was a fire in the bathroom ceiling fan yesterday that they took care of themselves but thought it wasn’t an issue.”

North Bannock County Fire District assisted with the house fire and it was contained at approximately 3:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 12, 2020.

King states, “The cause of the fire appeared to be a rekindle from the bathroom fan fire that occurred previously.” The home is a total loss.

There were no injuries to people, animals, or the firefighters. No further information will be provided. 

Shoshone-Bannock Tribes Logo
(Image: Shoshone-Bannock Tribes)
Comments

Press Pool

FEATURED
COMMUNITY