Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of September 12, 2020
- Soldier’s death leaves family asking ‘why, why, why?’
- Red Fawn Fallis to be released after 57 months
- Friendship between Ireland, tribes lives on
- Arrest made in Gila River woman’s 1987 killing
- Wonder Woman actor Eugene Brave Rock: 'Sharing language with the world'
- Tribe: Soldier was 2nd Navajo citizen to die at base this year
- More Mississippi Choctaws have died of COVID than those who died of the disease in Hawaii. Or Alaska. Or Wyoming.
- Iroquois Nationals accept invitation to World Games
- Oneida cyclist is first Native in Tour de France
- Diné woman will be Kansas’ youngest sitting legislator
COVID-10 News, Updates and More in Indian Country
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Yes world, there were horses in Native culture before the settlers came
- National Geographic finds new Alaska Native cast member for 'Life Below Zero' on YouTube
- The Word Squaw: Offensive or Not?
- Blackhorse: Do You Prefer ‘Native American’ or ‘American Indian’?
Sign up for the Indian Country Today mailing list and get the weekly newsletter and video news report delivered straight to your email inbox. You can sign up by clicking here https://goo.gl/25bKvx.
You can also sign up via text: Text -> INDIANCOUNTRY to 22828
Vincent Schilling, Akwesasne Mohawk, is associate editor of Indian Country Today who enjoys creating media, technology, computers, comics and movies. He is a film critic and writes the #NativeNerd column. Twitter @VinceSchilling firstname.lastname@example.org he is also the opinions’ editor, email@example.com.