Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of Oct 20, 2018
Here are this past week’s top 10 stories ending October 20, 2018.
- Changing Elizabeth Warren's story to one about Native America
- Strike Against Sovereignty? Sen. Warren asserts Native American ancestry via DNA
- Social Media erupts as Native groups ask owner of ‘Spunky Squaw’ to change name
- In wake of new Voter ID law: Mad rush to repair Native voting woes in N. Dakota
- Nammy Winners Announced: For the 18th Annual Native American Music Awards
- Alaska Lt. Gov. resigns; Valerie Nurr’araaluk Davidson is sworn as successor
- Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of Oct 13, 2018
- 'Now This' news video about Warren's DNA Test, features ICT’s Vincent Schilling
- Texas Judge rules Indian Child Welfare Act as unconstitutional
- 8 Myths and Atrocities About #ChristopherColumbus and #ColumbusDay
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- What Percentage Indian Do You Have to Be in Order to Be a Member of a Tribe?
- Elizabeth Warren’s Genealogical Challenge
Follow Indian Country Today’s associate editor, Vincent Schilling, Akwesasne Mohawk, on Twitter -@VinceSchilling
Follow Indian Country Today reporter and producer Jourdan Bennett-Begaye, Diné, on Twitter@jourdanbb.
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter -@TrahantReports
Are you using the new mobile platform?Get Indian Country Todayon your phone.