Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of May 18, 2019
- An open letter to the Chickasaw people
- He’s Big Frank on the Netflix smash hit ‘Chambers’ - White Earth bad boy Marcus LaVoi
- First Native actress starring in a Netflix series, Sivan Alyra Rose talks about ‘Chambers’
- Deb Haaland announces U.S. House version of Savanna’s Act and addresses efforts for MMIW
- Bad roads are a 'public safety and public health issue'
- Queer icon Stephanie Yellowhair, Contrapoints, and Native resilience
- ‘Kill the bill! Save the land!’ Native protectors disrupt Texas legislature
- Changing the ‘newscape’ in Indian Country
- Indian Country Today sets out new legal structure, appoints first board of directors
- White House issues proclamation for 'Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska Natives Awareness Day, 2019'
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- The Traumatic True History and Name List of the Dakota 38
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- Blackhorse: Do You Prefer ‘Native American’ or ‘American Indian’?
Check out this week's Newsletter
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - email@example.com
Opinion email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence - email@example.com