Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of March 30, 2019
- The Navajo Nation's transition beyond coal 'starts now'
- The law professor put on trial for ‘trespassing’ on family’s ancestral lands
- After 'Total EXONERATION' ... it's an 'all out war' against the health care system
- Inupiaq mom shouts ‘Stand up! Fight back!’ to Alaska governor, then is arrested
- Lumbee receives a golden ticket on ‘American Idol’
- Albuquerque becomes city in America to recognize tribal sovereignty by establishing government-to-government relations
- Two Lumbees audition for season 2 of ‘American Idol’
- Sharice Davids and Deb Haaland could make history yet again
- ‘Ancestral Waters’ documents Puyallup fight against massive liquefied natural gas plant
- Ramapough Lenape and Powhatan Renape Nations of New Jersey have state recognition reaffirmed
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
- 10 Native Inventions and Innovations That Changed the World
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
Check out this week's Newsletter
Check out this week's Video News Report
Sign up for the Indian Country Today mailing list and get the weekly newsletter and video news reports delivered straight to your email inbox.
You can sign up via text: Text -> INDIANCOUNTRY to 22828
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - email@example.com
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion email - email@example.com
Correspondence - firstname.lastname@example.org