Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of July 18, 2020
- Nakotah LaRance: 'Fearless' performer, caring coach
- California ski resort eyes name change
- ‘A lot of questions’ in potential Remington Arms sale to Navajo Nation
- Tribe mourns 91-year-old Seneca woman, 2 daughters
- Supreme Court ruling 'reaffirmed' sovereignty
- Want to win? Consider 3 Native women for vice president
- 'Historic day' for Standing Rock as pipeline company told to shut down, remove oil
- Indigenous groups launch first national $1 million direct cash program for Native Americans during COVID-19 pandemic
- Mascots honor an Indian who never was
- Seminole Nation Chief releases statement regarding principles of jurisdiction announcement from tribes impacted by McGirt v. Oklahoma
COVID-10 News, Updates and More in Indian Country
- It's time to rectify the 1975 DeCoteau decision, disestablishing the Sisseton-Wahpeton Reservation - Angelique EagleWoman
Top 5 Archives
- Yes world, there were horses in Native culture before the settlers came
- Blackhorse: Do You Prefer ‘Native American’ or ‘American Indian’?
- The Word Squaw: Offensive or Not?
- Theodore Roosevelt: ‘The Only Good Indians Are the Dead Indians’
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
Sign up for the Indian Country Today mailing list and get the weekly newsletter and video news report delivered straight to your email inbox. You can sign up by clicking here https://goo.gl/25bKvx.
You can also sign up via text: Text -> INDIANCOUNTRY to 22828