Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of April 20, 2019
- Brother and sister run the Boston Marathon in moccasins
- ‘Shock and dismay’ for Notre Dame (so should it be for Chaco Canyon)
- The Trump administration's attack on Indian Country
- Announcing the first comprehensive study on child removal in Native communities
- U.S. Department of Education begins investigation into discrimination against Native students in Montana’s Wolf Point School District
- 'Recalled' Nooksack Councilwoman Carmen Tageant settles state court suit with Nooksack cyberstalker
- Real Native history in a video game: An Indigenous take on The Oregon Trail
- Three North Dakota challenges for Ruth Buffalo: She’s a woman. She’s Native. And she’s a Democrat
- Native American athletes and fans face ongoing racism
- This really is a Montana debate: Support coal or else forget Medicaid
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- Tiger Woods Inducts ‘Brother-for-Life’ Notah Begay III Into Hall of Fame
Check out this week's Newsletter
Check out this week's Video News Report
Indian Country Today, LLC., is a non-profit, public media enterprise. Reader support is critical. We do not charge for subscriptions and tribal media (or any media, for that matter) can use our content for free. Our goal is public service. Please join our cause and support independent journalism today. We have an audacious plan for 2019 and your donation will help us make it so.
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - email@example.com
Opinion email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence - email@example.com