Top 10 Stories: What Indian Country read this past week as of April 13, 2019
- Announcing the first comprehensive study on child removal in Native communities
- What difference does it make to have Native Americans in Congress? This.
- Three North Dakota challenges for Ruth Buffalo: She’s a woman. She’s Native. And she’s a Democrat
- American Indian adoptees deal with painful past and family separations
- Native American athletes and fans face ongoing racism
- Still reeling from massive flooding and without federal assistance, the Pine Ridge Reservation braces for another major storm
- California Indian Nations College opens, establishes degree program in partnership with local colleges
- Remembering Wounded Knee '73
- Congress explores legislation to protect Chaco Canyon from oil and gas development
- Indigenous Alliance Without Borders releases Handbook on Indigenous Peoples’ Border Crossing Rights
Top 5 Archives
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- Natural Pain Relief: 9 Alternatives to Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen or Aspirin
- Hitler Studied U.S. Treatment of Indians
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
Check out this week's Newsletter
Check out this week's Video News Report
Indian Country Today, LLC., is a non-profit, public media enterprise. Reader support is critical. We do not charge for subscriptions and tribal media (or any media, for that matter) can use our content for free. Our goal is public service. Please join our cause and support independent journalism today. We have an audacious plan for 2019 and your donation will help us make it so.
The Indian Country Today team
Mark Trahant is editor of Indian Country Today. He is a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes. Follow him on Twitter - @TrahantReports
Vincent Schilling is the associate editor of Indian Country Today. He is enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk. Follow him on Twitter - @VinceSchilling
Any article/link questions email - email@example.com
Jourdan Bennett-Begaye is a reporter and producer for Indian Country Today. She is Diné. Follow her on Twitter - @jourdanbb.
Lisa J. Ellwood, Lenape & Nanticoke, is a contributor and posts the Press Pool.
Follow her on Twitter - @iconicimagery.
Press Pool email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion email - email@example.com
Correspondence - firstname.lastname@example.org