- Rosebud ancestors buried in emotional ceremony
- ‘Now they’re home’
- From the rez to national news anchor
- Ojibwe basket weaver works to save tradition and the environment
- Tourism in Hawai’i: ‘People are fed up’
- Meet the first Native Daytime youth Emmy nominee: Isaac Arellanes
- Indigenous athletes set to shine in Olympics
- Cleveland's baseball team goes from Indians to Guardians
- Paradigm shift: Tribe is now an owner of the power grid
- Minnesota park recognized as historic, sacred cemetery
Last week's Top 10
Top Opinion this week
Critical Race Theory: Bury my truth at Wounded Knee - by Dr. James A. Bryant, Jr.
Each Friday, Indian Country Today has a newscast summing up the week's newscast episodes and a summary of the news for the week. Catch this week's episode here:
Top 5 Archives
- Yes world, there were horses in Native culture before the settlers came
- The Word Squaw: Offensive or Not?
- The True Story of Pocahontas: Historical Myths Versus Sad Reality
- The Traumatic True History and Name List of the Dakota 38
- The Legend of Devils Tower
Like this story? Support our work with a $5 or $10 contribution today. Contribute to the nonprofit Indian Country Today.