Seminole Tribe of Florida: Arrested #MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc is NOT a member
The arrested #MAGAbomber, who reportedly drove a white van emblazoned with images of democratic candidates and individuals marked with sniper scope crosshairs as well as pictures of the Seminole Tribe flags, now identified as the alleged #MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc — who mailed a series of 12 suspicious packages — has been arrested and identified.
Cesar Sayoc, 56, who was taken into custody on Friday morning in Plantation, Florida — who has been called out on social media as a possible member of the Seminole Tribe for posting a series of tweets that proclaim “We Unconquered Seminole Tribe” — is, according to the Seminole Nation, not a member nor an employee.
Gary Bitner, a spokesperson for the Seminole Tribe of Florida issued the following statement:
“We can find no evidence that Cesar Altieri, Caesar Altieri, Caesar Altieri Sayoc, Ceasar Altieri Randazzo (Facebook) or Julus Cesar Milan (Twitter) is or was a member or employee of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, or is or was an employee of Seminole Gaming or Hard Rock International. At this time, we cannot verify if he is or was an employee of a vendor company.”
Sayoc's Twitter profile says he is a booking agent for Seminole Hard Rock Live, which the Seminole Nation has rebuffed. Twitter.
According to several media publications, The 56-year-old Florida man has a significant criminal history and has frequently posted extremist right-wing conspiracy theories about Trump’s opponents.
Many individuals were targets of his tweets and Facebook posts to include George Soros, the liberal billionaire philanthropist, Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Parkland survivor David Hogg and former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
Sayoc’s Twitter account also reportedly sent an image of a beheaded goat to comedian Jim Carrey, due to his speaking out against President Trump. His Facebook account has since been suspended.
Holly Fιɢυeroα O'Reιlly, @AynRandPaulRyan on Twitter posted a video of Sayoc on Twitter, writing" Here's #MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc warning Biden and Holder to "hug your loved ones close" because he'd "meet your threats right to your face soon."
Sayoc also has a significant criminal history. Previous charges include a bomb threat in 2002, theft in 2014 and 2013, and battery in 2013. In 2012, he filed for bankruptcy, and declared in court filings that he lived with his mother.
The Daily Mail, which partially-incorrectly calls Sayoc a “Trump-supporting, bodybuilding, Native American Florida strip-club worker,” listed the following series of factoids:
- Cesar Altier Sayoc, 56, was taken into custody on Friday morning in Plantation, Florida. He is an avid Trump fan with an interest in bodybuilding who says he is a member of the Seminole tribe
- Three additional suspicious packages discovered on Thursday and Friday brought the total to 14
- FBI discovered suspicious package addressed to Senator Cory Booker in Florida on Thursday night
- Then a postal inspector intercepted another package to James Clapper in Manhattan Friday morning
- The suspicious package was addressed to Clapper at headquarters of CNN, where he is a contributor
- NYPD bomb squad's Total Containment Vessel responded to postal facility in Midtown to remove package
- Discoveries mark the 11th and 12th suspicious packages targeting outspoken critics of President Trump
- FBI warns the public to be on the lookout for similar packages and says there could be more bombs
Some reports on social media claim Sayoc was a member of "Native Americans for Trump, but this has not as of yet been verified.
Additionally, claims on social media as well as online records show Sayoc owned two businesses with Native American-oriented names Native American Catering and Vending and Proud Native America One Low Price Dry Cleaning. Indian Country Today is working to verify all reports.
The Seminole Tribe of Florida alerted Indian Country Today they would release more details as they received more information.
Follow Indian Country Today’s associate editor Vincent Schilling (Akwesasne Mohawk) on Twitter -@VinceSchilling
Are you using the new mobile platform?Get Indian Country Todayon your phone.