Indian Country Today
President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris will formally announce key members of their climate team, which includes New Mexico Rep. Deb Haaland as the selected Secretary of the Interior.
The transition team will host a live in-person event Saturday beginning at 2:30 p.m. ET in Wilmington, Delaware. Biden will introduce six key members of his administration relating to climate.
- Nominee for Secretary of Interior, Congresswoman Deb Haaland
- Nominee for Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm
- Nominee for EPA Administrator, Michael Regan
- Nominee for Chair of the Council of the Council on Environmental Quality, Brenda Mallory
- Appointee for National Climate Advisor, Gina McCarthy
- Appointee for Deputy National Climate Advisor, Ali Zaidi
Previous announcement events have included remarks from Biden, followed by remarks from the officials being nominated. It is expected Haaland will address the public at the event.
Aliyah Chavez, Kewa Pueblo, is a reporter-producer at Indian Country Today. Follow her on Twitter: @aliyahjchavez or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indian Country Today is a nonprofit news organization. Will you support our work? All of our content is free. There are no subscriptions or costs. We have hired more Native journalists in the past year than any news organization ─ and with your help we will continue to grow and create career paths for our people. Support Indian Country Today for as little as $10.