- US boarding schools to be investigated
- 182 unmarked graves found at third former residential school
- Shawnee reclaim the great Serpent Mound
- 751 unmarked graves is ‘a wake up call’
- Catholic church in Saskatoon hit with graffiti
- 'We won't forget about the children'
- Sex trafficking sting nets 2 more Enbridge workers
- ‘This is our time. This is our show.’
- More opportunities, less Colorado barriers for Natives
- The Wrap: Throwing for an Olympic bid
Last week's Top 10
Top Opinion this week
If you don’t know treaties and sovereignty, you don’t know history - by Suzan Shown Harjo
Each Friday, Indian Country Today has a newscast summing up the week's newscast episodes and a summary of the news for the week. Catch this week's episode here:
Top 5 Archives
- 8 Things You Should Know About Two Spirit People
- Yes world, there were horses in Native culture before the settlers came
- The Word Squaw: Offensive or Not?
- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- The Traumatic True History and Name List of the Dakota 38
Like this story? Support our work with a $5 or $10 contribution today. Contribute to the nonprofit Indian Country Today.