Ethnic Media Services & ICT present:
DATE: Thursday, Oct. 13
TIME: 11:00 am -12 noon PT / 1:00 - 2:00 pm CT / 2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
WHERE: Register in advance for this meeting: Click here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing your individual link and information about joining the meeting. We will provide simultaneous interpretation in Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin during the Zoom video conference. When you register you will be asked to choose a language. If you wish to listen to the original audio in English simply choose 'none'.
WHY: As the mid-term elections approach, this briefing will explore how efforts by some state legislatures to reduce the influence of voters of color through gerrymandered maps and voter restriction laws have impacted Native American voters.
- Jacqueline De Leon, Senior Attorney, Native American Rights Fund
- Nicole Donaghy, Executive Director, North Dakota Native Vote
- Derrick Beetso, Director, Indian Gaming and Tribal Self-Governance programs, Arizona State School of Law
- Nicole Borromeo, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Alaska Federation of Natives
- Moderator: Mark Trahant, Editor-At-Large, ICT
ICT is a nonprofit news organization. Will you support our work? All of our content is free. There are no subscriptions or costs. And we have hired more Native journalists in the past year than any news organization ─ and with your help we will continue to grow and create career paths for our people. Support ICT for as little as $10. Sign up for ICT’s free newsletter.