POSITION : Tribal Planner
SALARY : Negotiable
OPENING DATE : February 11, 2021
CLOSING DATE : February 25, 2021
LOCATION : The Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
SUMMARY: The Tribal Planner provides the community with planning and grants development services to support tribal projects and new initiatives and assist in sustaining quality tribal programming that align with the vision of the Omaha Tribal Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Comprehensive Community planning
· Development of Omaha Tribe Mission Statement
· Facilitate and support Tribal Leadership in identifying opportunities, initiatives and potential partners to assist or support the tribal planning
· Develop and update community planning profiles
· Strategic planning that establishes priority projects accordingly
· Identify more specific goals, outlines and planned activities
· Research and identifies potential resources
· Proposal planning and development
· Edit and finalize the planning document.
· Apply for appropriate planning and community development grants
· Prepare, present, and submit applications, data, and reports to granting agencies.
· Attend Regional, State, and National meetings and conferences on community and tribal government services and service delivery to Tribal members
· Serve as a liaison to government and other entities to support improvement in Tribal Service and Government operations.
Considerable experience and knowledge of:
• Ability and experience managing large, complex master planning projects and contracts, including budgets, schedules and quality of work product.
· Ability and experience preparing for, assisting with, and/or facilitating public or focus group planning meetings.
· Ability and experience conducting expert, sophisticated, quantitative research and analysis on planning topics.
· Grant application process
• Grant funding sources and reporting requirements
• Applicable departmental, federal and state program and services.
• Budgeting practices and procedures
• Preparing and writing RFP’s and business proposals
• Applicable Tribal and departmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations and tribal codes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, public administration, planning or a directly related field plus four years of work experience in community development or long range planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possess a Valid Driver’s License
PLEASE NOTE: P.L. 93-638, Indian Preference and Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance, (TERO), will be practiced; however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
**ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME/APPLICATION TO:
The Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
PO Box 368
Macy, Ne. 68039