REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
ISSUE DATE: July 19, 2021
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe is soliciting proposals for home inspection services. Offerors shall provide residential inspections/assessments for residences within the boundaries of the Rosebud Reservation. The anticipated start of delivery of services under contract will begin on the execution of the agreement.
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe is a federally recognized tribe with inherent sovereign authority and rights that pre-date the states. The Rosebud Sioux Tribe has a governing body made up of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sergeant of Arms, and twenty Council representatives operating under the authority of an Indian Reorganization Act (IRA) constitution. The central headquarters for Rosebud’s government is located in Rosebud, SD.
The Rosebud homelands are located in south-central South Dakota, and its land base consists of
approximately 922,750 acres and includes 20 tribal communities and some municipalities covering a five-county area with several thousand homes.
II. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe (“RST”) seeks to ensure that all homeowners requesting the inspection of an eligible home have access to inspection services. The offeror will provide services including the following:
· The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, tools, materials, supervision, and other items and services to perform housing inspections;
· Contractors shall collect data related to the extent of damage to real property, private multi-family properties, the habitability of the home; ownership, occupancy;
· The contractor must be willing and have the capacity to inspect the roofing, exterior, interior, foundation and substructure, kitchen, heating and cooling systems, plumbing.
In addition to responding to the scope of services, please include:
A. A history of your company, including any names used previously, governments served and the relationship of this project to your corporate purpose, and why your company is best suited to meet the requirements of this RFP.
B. A written statement verifying potential conflicts of interest with other clients and a list of current clients and certifying that no such conflicts exist and if they should arise immediately inform the Rosebud Sioux Tribe President, Attorney General, the Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Financial Officer.
C. Provide any certifications pertinent to home inspection services.
D. Certify whether you are an Indian business or a member of an Indian Tribe.
E. A cost proposal for the scope of services.
V. TERM OF CONTRACT
The contract will be effective upon signed completion through the term agreement. The contract may be extended at the option of the parties by written modification.
VI. EVALUATION CRITERIA
Proposals will be evaluated by the ARPA Planning Committee, RST Leadership, and the RST ARPA Office. The following will be considered:
• Responses to the proposal;
• Level of experience providing home inspection services;
• Assessment of capacity to deliver the required services.
* Indian preference applies. Preference for certified contractors applies.
VII. PROPOSAL DUE DATE
Sealed proposals must be delivered by no later than 11:59 pm, July 30, 2021, to the RST TECRO Office:
Rosebud TECRO Office
ATTN: RST TECRO Director
PO Box 810
Rosebud, SD 57570