ROSEBUD SIOUX TRIBE
TITLE: ROSEBUD SIOUX TRIBE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SUBJECT: BID # 2021-001
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe is requesting proposals from any and all firms and individuals for the provision of lobbying services.
Interested firms and individuals must have a background in or experience with working with Federal and State agencies on issues, topics, and proposed legislation in State and/or Federal legislative governmental branches.
STATEMENT OF WORK
The firm or individual selected by the Rosebud Sioux Tribe will perform services including but not limited to:
1. Report on and analyze proposed legislation affecting Native Americans, Indian Country generally, and the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
2. Organization and coordination of testimony on proposed legislation by community leaders, elected officials of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe, and other qualified experts and advocates on issues affecting Indian Country.
3. Track and update the status of legislation affecting Native Americans and the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
4. Provide research and information to legislators.
5. Propose, draft, and contact media sources for press releases and other releases of information on behalf of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
6. Collect and disseminate information on voting by legislators, identify and solicit support for both favorable legislation and identify supporters of legislation not favorable to the Rosebud Sioux Tribe, develop, coordinate, and pursue strategies for both types of legislation, record and report on voting results.
7. Prepare a periodic status report on legislation and a final report for any and all services provided.
Respondents to this Request for Proposal must bid an hourly rate and/or retainer with an estimate of the total project budget.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Sealed bids should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked Bid on the front of the envelope. Failure to mark the envelope shall result in a no bid and the bid materials will be returned. The Rosebud Sioux Tribe will not accept email, fax or telephone bids. Sealed bids will be accepted until close of business (COB) on November 14, 2021, 5:00pm CDT. Bids will be opened on November 29, 2021, at the RST Tribal President Office, Rosebud Sioux Tribe Administration Building, Rosebud South Dakota.
Sealed bids shall be mailed to: Rosebud Sioux Tribe Office of the President, ATTN: Scott O. Herman, RST President, 11 Legion Ave., PO Box 430, Rosebud, SD 57570.
Successful bidders shall obtain or have a valid RST Business License. Each licensee shall comply with all applicable tribal laws, including but not limited to: tax and revenue laws, Indian employment and contracting preference laws, (TECRO Ordinance), health and sanitation laws, and consumer protection laws. The Tribe may, but need not, notify each licensee by regular mail any additional tribal laws with which the licensee must comply as such laws are enacted by the RST Tribal Council. RST Law and Order Code §16-1-206
Each licensee consents to the jurisdiction of the Rosebud Sioux Tribal Court as to any cause of action arising in connection with the transaction of any business with the Reservation, or to any tortious acts committed in connection with the transaction of any business within the Reservation. Each licensee consents to the service of process of the Tribal Court with respect to all actions over which the Tribal Court has subject matte jurisdiction, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Tribal Court. RST Law and Order Code §16-1-206
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 shall apply to the selection process. The Rosebud Sioux Tribe has and retains the right to reject any and all bids, waive informalities, or accept any bid or combination thereof which appears to serve the best interests of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. Award of the project will be subject to the Rosebud Sioux Tribe regulatory requirements. Bidders must provide any and all information and background concerning Federal suspension and disbarment certification.
POINT OF CONTACT
The primary point of contact is:
Scott O. Herman, President
Rosebud Sioux Tribe
PO Box 430
Rosebud SD 57570
Phone No. (605) 747-2381