Request for Proposal for Audit Services
Duckwater Shoshone Tribe
The purpose of this contract is to obtain the services of an independent certified public accounting firm to perform a financial and compliance audit of the Duckwater Shoshone Tribe in accordance with OMB Circular A-133, the Single Audit Act, Governmental Accounting Standards, and applicable federal, state, or tribal laws and regulations. The Tribe desires an audit report meeting the minimum requirements for submission to the Single Audit Clearinghouse, which shall include financial statements for the Tribe’s General Fund, Special Revenue Funds, and Proprietary Funds. The audit will cover the Tribe’s year ended December 31, 2020. Proposals must be submitted to the Tribal Finance Manager no later than February 22, 2021, and the Tribe expects to make a decision by February 26, 2021.
The Duckwater Shoshone Tribe is located in Duckwater, Nevada, approximately 75 miles southwest of Ely, Nevada and has approximately 430 enrolled members. The Tribe is funded by approximately twenty federal and state grants and contracts, including a Bureau of Indian Affairs Self-Governance Agreement and an Indian Health Service Self-Governance Compact. Total expenditures were $10.3 million during 2019 and the Tribe’s total assets were $9.6 million at December 31, 2019. A copy of the 2019 audit from McCabe CPA Group, LLC, is available upon request.
Proposal Information- Information Required in your Proposal
· Include background information on the firm.
· Describe the range of services provided by your firm.
· Describe company experience that is relevant to the proposed services, such as recent experience with other tribal governments, including a list of tribal governments served by your firm in the last three years and types of services rendered to each.
· Scope of Work- Include a description of how the audit would be conducted, describing the phases of the audit.
· Schedule - Include the period of performance, and proposed duration of the project in months. The final report must be completed and submitted to the Single Audit Clearinghouse no later than September 30, 2021. The Tribe seeks an auditor with a strong commitment to the timely completion of the audit.
· Include a list of personnel to be used on the project and their qualifications.
· References- Include references for tribal governments and enterprises served by the firm in the last three years.
· Cost Proposal- Include a cost statement showing proposed fees to perform the audits. List the assumptions upon which the fee may be based, if any. That is, describe any conditions that would cause the firm to request a change in the proposed fee. The cost proposal shall include a penalty statement for untimely completion. If the final report is not submitted to the Clearinghouse by September 30th, 2021, there will be a 5% reduction in fees. If the final report is not submitted to the Clearinghouse October 30, 2021, there will be a 10% reduction in fees.
For questions on the RFP, please contact Lisa Donham, Finance Manager, at (775)863-0227, and firstname.lastname@example.org.