Join a team of television professionals who are committed to telling Indigenous stories in a daily half-hour news program, delivered to public broadcasting stations, Monday through Friday. Assist with all aspects of the daily recording of the newscast in live-to-tape format.
Responsible for reviewing audio and visual footage and using computer software (Premiere Pro) to organize clips into a cohesive unit. Duties include splitting or combining video clips, adding appropriate sounds or graphics and watching the finished product to catch mistakes before submitting it for review.
Job Title: Video Production Editor
Immediate Supervisor: VP Broadcasting
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Position Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $50,000-$65,000 Annual Salary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A successful Video Production Editor will be a creative individual with a background in media, art, communication, photography, videography and/or technology. An ideal Video Editor has a combination of all in order to understand all elements of producing a finished quality film or video. While a college degree is not necessary, it is helpful. A Video Editor must have experience in working with film and video and training in video production and editing software, such as Premiere Pro.
Responsible for reviewing audio and visual footage and using computer software to organize clips into a cohesive unit. Duties include splitting or combining video clips, adding appropriate sounds or graphics and watching the finished product to catch mistakes before submitting it for review.
- This job requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment, where news programs must be ready to air on time.
- Training in multimedia and communications.
- Proficiency in editing software programs.
- General understanding of computers and digital equipment and knowledge of new and cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to take and follow direction, while also having a creative eye for improvements.
- Be familiar with all aspects of Control Room and studio operations, including directing, audio, lighting, recording, and operating Chyron and Abekes.
- Delivery of finished program to stations via file transfer (sIX and Aspera).
- Assist producers in transferring video/photo and other elements into Dropbox for editing.
- Assist with the posting of the newscast to social media and Soundcloud
- Attend production meetings to assist in overcoming production challenges.
- Ability to travel to staff remote productions.
- Ensure proper archiving of assets and finished programming.
- Contractor may attend news meetings as deemed necessary by the executive producer.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, visual art, film, television, multimedia, or graphic design strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least 2 years Video Production Editing experience.
- Must have training that translates into experience working with raw footage and technology to create a visually captivating product.
- Previous experience working with graphics, sound, digital editing tools and video is extremely helpful.
- Basic computer skills.
PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Must be able to meet deadlines and schedule work activities accordingly.
- Must be detail oriented and must possess the ability to edit one or multiple projects at one time.
- Must have previous experience using video production software to fit music or sound effects to video clips and incorporate graphics.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Teamwork and project management.
- History of creativity and flexibility with a positive attitude.
- Must have the strong ability to work and collaborate with others as an essential function of the job.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Video and audio recording experience is preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of Indigenous communities and tribes is desirable, and experience in working with Indigenous clientele is a plus.
- Occasional night and weekend work are required as a salaried employee.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of production equipment, inventory and repair is desired.
IndiJ Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please contact Kendra Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
Please email email@example.com a resume and cover letter. Write “Video Production Editor — YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME” in the email subject line. Application deadline: Open until filled.