Health Director: Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Tribal Government – Job Announcement
5811 Jack Springs Rd. ¿ Atmore, AL 36502
Tribal Offices: 251.368.9136 www.pci-nsn.gov
Job Announcement: HR2021:03
Position Title: Health Director
Division: Health Delivery Systems
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director of Health Delivery Systems
Employment Status: Exempt
Mandatory Reporter: No
Opening Date: Friday, January 8, 2021
Closing Date: Friday, January 22, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
Preference shall be given in accordance with the Title 33 (Tribal Employment Rights) of the Tribal Code/DFWP.
Department Director: Executive Director of Health Delivery Systems
Position Type: Regular Full–Time
Background Check Required: Yes (data-sensitive)
Overall Objectives of Position
The Health Director’s main objective is to engage in planning and directing the administrative and therapeutic aspects of a community health Clinic. This Clinic delivers general health care for the Tribal population, their children, and the employees of the entities owned by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. Additionally, it manages multiple specialties including Mental Health, Dentistry, Vision, PT. It also oversees nutrition and health education programs and the Pharmacy. The Health Director develops and maintains relationships with local, state, regional, and national health and professional organizations and regulatory agencies to keep abreast of advancements and innovations that could improve the range and quality of services offered through the Clinic. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
The Health Director is expected to live the Purpose and Values of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians and will go beyond the call of duty in the fulfillment of these responsibilities. Additionally, in performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of Poarch Band of Creek Indians are expected to conform to the following:
· Uphold all principles of confidentiality to the fullest extent.
· Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the tribal government.
Comply with Poarch Band of Creek Indians policies and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities of the Health Director
· Directs the planning and delivery of comprehensive health care and prevention programs and activities including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Medical Records, Behavioral Health, and the Employee Clinic.
· Engages in evaluation of the efficacy of the healthcare services and programs through external feedback loops with patients, validated quality assurance measures, and internal feedback mechanisms with employees and medical practitioners.
· Directs and administers third party revenue as it relates to the Health Clinic.
· Provides leadership to staff to ensure that everyone is aligned around the objectives of the Health Clinic and the specialty programs it offers.
· Establishes short- and long-range strategic goals for all services covered in the Clinic.
· Advises and consults with the Executive Director of Health Delivery Systems on the formulation and/or revision of policies, procedures, standards, protocols, and guidelines.
· Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, Tribal, and local laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with HIPAA laws and protocol.
· Participates in the development and administration of operating budgets.
Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate person.
· Implements and activates short- and long-range strategic goals for all services covered in the Clinic.
· Provides inspiring leadership to all professionals involved in the delivery of healthcare services through the clinic to ensure optimal outcomes.
· Keeps abreast of developments and trends in healthcare related curriculum and instruction (for example: diabetes) and provides leadership in determining comprehensive health program direction and improvement.
· Oversees the implementation of client management system and makes sense of analytical, therapeutic, preventive, and clinical studies and their implications for the Clinic’s effectiveness.
· Oversees the professional development of Health Department employees in accordance to the personnel policies and procedures.
· Conducts performance appraisals and takes necessary action in accordance with the personnel policies and procedures.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with health organizations and healthcare professionals to enhance the effectiveness of the Clinic.
· Directs the preparation and submission of grant applications and proposals and participates in contract negotiations.
· Attends required meetings that may include travel outside of the Poarch Community which can benefit the Clinic.
· Prepares required reports focused on efficiency and quality of outcomes.
Establishes positive and trusting relationships with the Tribal community.
Education/License/Certification and Experience Requirements
· Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, or medical related field required.
· Five (5) years of management experience in a healthcare organization, three (3) years of which must have been in senior management including supervision of physicians or other medical practitioners.
· Five (5) years of experience in effectively managing the activities of subordinates, including motivating excellence, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, and general administration.
*Three (3) years of experience in administration and budgeting required.
· Successfully pass computer test on developing an operational budget.
· Absolute confidentiality, adhering to HIPAA guidelines and the Privacy Act.
· Knowledge of management practices and principles, strategic and budgeting planning.
· Knowledge of program management and development in healthcare.
· Knowledge of community agencies, resources, and services provided for reference to patients.
· General understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective supervision and training.
- Ability to address public and professional groups.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan, organize, and implement activities.
- Ability to analyze complex administrative, personnel, and organizational problems.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and financial groups.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, other organizations, and the public.
- Ability to inspire department staff to provide the highest level of patient satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission and goals of the Health Department to all employees while fostering a positive, inclusive, environment for the employees, patients, and guests of the Health Department.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work odd and irregular hours as needed.
· Ability to relocate within 60 miles of PBCI Tribal Offices (Atmore, AL).
· Must successfully pass the required criminal and character background check.
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license and an insurable driving record according to Tribal insurance guidelines.
- Ability to travel and participate in required training, leadership development, and other events.
*Ability to adequately and successfully perform all duties and responsibilities of this position.
Every applicant must complete an application provided by Human Resources. Human Resources is located in Building 500. A resume will not be accepted in the place of an application. Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the Human Resources Director of PCI Tribal Government. **Please note ALL individuals selected for employment are required to complete a background investigation. Individuals being placed in positions designed as child-sensitive or data-sensitive must successfully complete a background check prior to employment.
You may submit your application via our website: http://pci-nsn.gov/wordpress/government/human-resources/