Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
Job Opening Announcement
Job Title: Health Center Director
Job Vacancy #: RSIC 051-22
Department: Tribal Health Clinic
Job Status: Full-time; Exempt
Salary: $126,089.60 annually
Opening date: 3/31/2022
Closing date: Open until filled
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony Tribal Health Center and ensures administrative and fiscal accountability regarding program services, operational effectiveness, and the highest standards for the treatment and care of patients.
· Provides regular and consistent direction to the management team of the Tribal Health Center on administrative, contractual, grant management, health information, clinic and ancillary health services and prevention programs; manages, develops, counsels, and evaluates direct reports to ensure performance standards are met by respective staff;
· Monitors and evaluates established policies, procedures, Federal Regulations, Tribal laws, and confidentiality processes as they apply to all personnel in all divisions of the Health Center including, but not limited to: Medicine, Pharmacy, Community Health, Mental Health, 3-Nations Wellness Center, Health Information, Substance Abuse Prevention, Nutrition, Optometry, Dentistry, Facilities Management and the Business Office;
· Maintains responsible oversight of service delivery, quality assurance and improvement, credentialing and privileging, capital improvements and equipment, special projects and all other operations of the Tribal Health Center;
· Establishes and monitors completion of established goals and objectives for each functional area within the chain of command to ensure compliance with program and clinical performance standards and budgets;
· Participates in capital funding decisions and planning related to the Tribal Health Center's building development, construction, and maintenance;
· Works collaboratively with Federal, State and Local partners, including but not limited DHHS, CMS, IHS, Nevada DHHS Programs, and others to provide cost-effective quality health care, improve access to care through provider contracts, monitor appropriate utilization of resources and builds sustainability through increased third-party revenue;
· Maintains fiscal accountability through the preparation and administration of the annual budgets of the Tribal Health Center and implements program and budget proposals which reflect past practices, expenditures, and modifications in response to changing or increasing program priorities;
· Optimizes methods and systems to increase third-party reimbursements for clinical services provided to patients; including State Plan Amendments, resource sponsorship and expanding Medicaid participation;
· Assists in identifying applications for successful grant funding which enhance clinical services, including products, services, staff, facilities, or equipment or positively impact access to health programs and prevention initiatives;
· Ensures the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony Health Center obtains and maintains AAAHC accreditation;
· Ensures the health center maintains and complies with all applicable Federal and Tribal laws and regulations regarding eligibility and provision of services;
· Provides consistent reports, proposals, 3rd party revenue analysis, and appropriate recommendations to the Executive Health Board, Tribal Administrator, and Tribal Council;
· Participates in community relations activities to enhance the reputation and involvement of the Tribal Health Center in the local Reno and Sparks communities; may represent the Health Center in activities involving business, government, the community at large, the Tribal Council and Executive Health Board (travel is required);
· Consistently supports compliance with and the principles of privacy, confidentiality of all medical, treatment information, charts, files, and reports and ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Privacy Act regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and those of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony, Reno-Sparks Indian Tribal Health Center; and
· Performs all other job-related duties as assigned or requested by the Supervisor.
· Master degree in Healthcare, Hospital, Business, or Public Administration preferred, Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of five (5) years of prior managerial experience of a Title V Compacted Tribal health care delivery system required;
· Demonstrated experience working with Electronic health records and /or Practice Management systems;
· Prior managerial experience including financial, personnel, program development, quality assurance and service delivery responsibilities and duties;
· Significant knowledge of applicable federal laws and regulations related to the delivery of health care services;
· Ability to prepare, analyze, document, substantiate, and present complex financial data regarding billing, grants management, budget planning, and utilization data;
· Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, and service delivery models as evidenced by prior work experience;
· Ability to work evenings and attend required Executive Health Board, Tribal Council, community meetings, State and/or Federal Tribal Consultation meetings or other relative meetings as necessary;
· Advanced computer skills including ability to operate office equipment (phone, fax, copier);
· Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing; and
· Ability to enroll and maintain eligibility for the RSIC Vehicle Program.
Submit resume to: Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
Human Resources Department
Attn: Esther Sanchez
34 Reservation Rd
Reno, NV 89502
Hiring preference will be given to qualified tribal members of Reno-Sparks Indian Colony followed by members of other federally recognized tribes.
The Reno-Sparks Indian Colony requires a designated candidate to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check which may require fingerprinting, and confirmation of professional references and certifications.