Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc.
Corona virus 2019 (COVID-19) prevention
Tribal Epidemiology Center (TEC)
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the general supervision of the TEC Program Manager at the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc. (ITCA), the Epidemiologist II effectively provides Tribes in Arizona, Nevada, and Utah with Arizona epidemiologic expertise regarding Corona Virus 2019. The Epidemiologist II will serve as the health promotion lead for the TEC COVID-19 support by providing technical assistance and training to support Tribal projects. Timely and regular attendance to work and work-related events is an essential function of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage the TEC COVID-19 response and recovery project and the vaccine hesitancy project by planning the projects, monitoring progress, and seeking ways to improve the projects to assist the Tribes.
· Assist the Tribes to plan, administer and promote the health improvement activities in accordance with the ITCA procedures and guidelines and funding terms and conditions.
· Assist Tribes with scope of work development and MOA subcontract assembly.
· Assist Tribes, as needed, to develop a COVID-19 response plan.
· Develop and complete all technical assistance, site visits, work group meetings and training in each of the TEC annual work plans.
· Provide Tribes with requested epidemiologic technical assistance.
· Construct public health presentations for internal and external trainings, meetings, and professional conferences.
· Prepare project reports.
· Develop and conduct through Surveymonkey an assessment with Tribes on attitudes/knowledge/beliefs on COVID-19 vaccine implementation efforts.
· Develop a vaccine hesitancy plan using the data collection from the assessment of vaccine implementation efforts.
· Design epidemiologic studies at the request of Tribal partners.
· Experience with ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnostic and procedure codes for surveillance reporting.
· Design survey tools, data dictionary, codebooks and databases and the collection, storage, transfer and clean data using Excel, SAS and R from a variety of public and confidential sources.
· Conduct basic and advanced SAS and R data analysis (counts, percentages, cross-tabulations, univariate statistics, chi-squared tests, t-tests, regression, and survival analysis).
· Construct confidential reports, public surveillance reports, and peer-reviewed publications.
· Meet project deadlines with quality products.
· Lead and/or assist with research, development, and writing of grant proposals for continued program funding. This work includes development of project budgets, work plans, output measures, and outcome measures.
· Maintain accurate and complete project files electronically and/or hardcopy format of assignments.
· Attend all ITCA and TEC center meetings as assigned.
· Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with the TEC Director regarding any challenges or problems.
· Travel is required with the Phoenix service area (Arizona, Nevada and Utah) to Tribal partners to conduct trainings, attend meetings, and provide technical assistance, as requested, with minimal supervision.
· Work closely with the team of ITCA TEC epidemiologists and R programmer to automate Tribal Community Health Profiles, which will include COVID-19 and vaccination information, where available.
· Interface with key stakeholder groups including the Indian Health Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, COVID-19 Tribal awardees Working Group, state and local health departments.
· Follow all ITCA policies and procedures.
· Perform other related duties, special projects, and reporting as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrated project management skills and grants management.
· Ability to identify and analyze issues influencing the program and recommend and develop solutions influencing issue resolution.
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency with EpiInfo, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must be willing to learn other software as needed.
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in SAS and/or R.
· Sensitivity to others and the ability to work respectively and cooperatively with the organization’s partners.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Excellent communication skills in writing, telephone, webinar, and face-to-face meetings.
· Uses Microsoft outlook calendar system to track important dates, meetings, project deadlines, requested time off, etc.
· Previous experience with infectious disease epidemiology
· Previous experience with R software
· Previous experience working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· Experience working with Tribes in Arizona, Nevada, and/or Utah
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: MPH/MS with a concentration in epidemiology or biostatistics plus at least one-year postmaster’s degree experience in public health (including SAS data management and analysis). Valid Arizona driver’s license and submit to a background check.
· Physical: Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.; bending, twisting, reaching, climbing, kneeling, walking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time; Prolonged periods of computer use, writing, and use of other tools necessary to perform duties and complete assignments; Ascending and descending stairs; Talking, hearing, seeing, listening and ability to understand; Repetitive use of hands, fingers, arms and eyes.
· Hours of Work: Vary and are dependent on business needs, requirements, workflow, and assignments.
· Driving/Travel: Must be willing and able to travel in and out of the State of Arizona as required by various modes of transportation; able to be a passenger on a commercial airline and/or drive in various conditions for long periods.
· Job Location: Majority of work will be performed at 2214 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85004 in an office workstation; May be required to perform duties in various locations, both on and off Tribal lands, throughout Arizona and the United States as assigned.
The Human Resources Manager, Ruby Santa Cruz, accepts emails at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The employment application is available at: https://itcaonline.com/employment/