DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES: Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES - open until filled
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director of Governmental Operations
Pay Range: DOE
Effective Date: Feb 14, 2020
Revised Date: n/a
Classification: Exempt Type: Full-time
The Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria exists to exercise our inherent sovereign powers, customs and traditions; to perpetuate our unique native heritage; to preserve and protect the rights and privileges of our Tribe; to establish justice in the conduct of tribal affairs; to work for the social and economic betterment of all Citizens; and to foster the value of education. PURPOSE OF POSITION The Director of Human Resources is a strategic and progressive leader managing the Human Resources Department while devising innovative and transformative policies, programs and systems. This position is responsible for multi-functional Human Resources support on a strategic and operational level in the following divisions: Employee Relations, Classification and Compensation Management, Performance Development, Benefits Administration, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Organizational Development, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence Administration, Policy Administration, and other related Human Resources functions. The Human Resources Department is engaged in a wide variety of organizational priorities, and plays an integral role as a change agent in implementing strategic business plans.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Ten years’ Human Resources experience at an executive level
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources
• SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP certifications.
• Human resources management experience for a tribal or governmental entity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Strategic thinker who is proactive, establishes high expectations, and incorporates performance measurements to ensure results consistent with the overall goals of the Tribe.
• Ability to establish clear objectives for the Human Resources Department that are aligned with the strategic goals of the Tribe, and will hold Department employees accountable for achieving positive results.
• Willingness to stay abreast of what is happening across the organization and understand the influence of the dynamics within the organization to achieve organizational objectives.
• Ability to understand the organization’s culture and norms of behavior.
• Proven leader and skilled administrator who will introduce creative strategies and approaches for policies, programs and systems.
• Possesses the management style to successfully facilitate various change initiatives and develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Effective organizational, interpersonal, coaching/advising/mentoring, and decision making skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge in various Human Resources technologies and software, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Approachable and open communicator. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse team.
Interested applicants can send a PDF resume/cv to Jacqueline.Birk@gratonresortcasino.com.