Director of Admissions: Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
POSITION: Director of Admissions
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Student Services FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ACCOUNTABLE TO: VP of Student Services
PAY RANGE: DOQ
LOCATION: New Town, ND Campus
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College (NHSC) is committed to providing quality cultural, academic and vocational education and services to the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation; and our staff members strive to maintain high standards of honesty, integrity, impartiality, professional courtesy and consideration for each other, our students and our community.
POSITION SUMMARY: Attracts students to NHSC by directing admissions strategies; promoting the university locally and regionally; and completing the day-to-day operations for admissions and recruitment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in recruitment of new students as required.
- Directs the admission processes and reviews exceptional admission cases.
- Provides and establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change, and works with a variety of groups, including students, prospective students, families, external agencies, NHSC staff and faculty and others.
- Proctors and schedules ACT/Compass administers other assessments as required.
- Provides daily and weekly admissions reports per office procedure.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the admissions and records procedures of credit programs and courses in accordance with State, Federal, and institutional regulations.
- Systematically reviews and evaluates the processes and procedures of the admissions and recruitment office.
- Coordinates the creation and implementation of a strategic plan for the admissions and recruitment functional area at the College, in collaboration with the Vice President of Student Services.
- Promotes the college and attracts new students by maintaining working relationships with other college departments; working closely with the alumni office and the marketing department.
- Maximizes recruiting and admissions processing by using state-of-the-art recruiting and Jenzabar Admissions module.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Use report writing software such as infomaker to ensure files are accurate.
· Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks, identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
· Assist Registrar with other duties, as needed.
· Assist the Vice President of Student Services in performing all other duties, as needed and as assigned to support the NHSC Mission and Vision.
Knowledge: Must have practical experience working in an office environment
Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing; must possess computer skills relevant to classroom and educational administrative setting, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Jenzabar.
Abilities: Must be able to work collaboratively in an educational and classroom environment; perform assigned duties with minimal supervision; and establish effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum Qualifications: Associate Degree in related field preferably marketing, communications etc.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree or PH D. in marketing
Applications are available on-line at www.nhsc.edu
Please forward completed NHSC application, resume, three (3) reference letters and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Director
Nueta Hidatsa Sanish College
301 College Drive
New Town, ND 58763
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College is a member of the AIHEC, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer