CONTRACT FOR SERVICES AGREEMENT
POSITION : COVID-19 Funding Response Director
SALARY : $34 to $45 per hour
LOCATION : American Rescue Plan Act Headquarters
SUMMARY: The CARES Act and American Recovery Plan Act provided multiple million dollars to Omaha Tribe of Nebraska (Tribe) to navigate the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. Payments to the Tribe were determined by the Secretary of the Treasury in consultation with the Secretary of the Interior and tribes and Alaska Natives across Indian Country.
The COVID-19 Funding Response Director will provide support to the Tribe broadly in coordinating responses to the pandemic during the funding period. The Tribe is managing a substantial federally-funded initiative for specific projects and expenditures related to COVID-19. In addition to supporting Omaha in accessing these funds to support the community, the COVID-19 Funding Response Director will be responsible for helping to coordinate resources for tribal members, internal efforts on the initiative across the Tribe such as IHS, Housing Authority, BIA-funded schools and programs, social services, and other entities.
This position will also be responsible for information sharing and collaboration with finance, and serving as a liaison between Tribal Council, internal team members, and external partners. As the COVID-19 projects and funding wind down, the COVID-19 Funding Response Director would serve as a pivotal role in supporting programmatic reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Leads the C0VID-19 Team
· Stays current on relevant news, updates, and communicates information to the community.
· Assists with the design of the COVID-19 response spending plan based on community needs and guidance from Tribal Council.
· Experience in rapidly and successfully mobilizing work plans, including recruiting and training staff.
· Regularly updates a tribe-wide strategy for a COVID-19 response as part of broader emergency preparedness, in collaboration with Tribal Council, program directors, finance staff, tribal entities, tribal businesses, volunteers, and other entity organizations on projects.
· Supports program staff and tribal entities with cross-functional projects and hosts sessions with these groups on what support is needed during the pandemic.
· Ensures all programmatic reports to funding agencies are completed and submitted on time.
· Assists with the management of preventative planning actions with emergency operations and planning team for preventative actions, such as testing events or vaccine events.
· Establishes tribe-wide policies and procedures related to safety practices, such as screening protocols of staff or customers, establishing regular cleaning and disinfection schedules, safety practices regarding the COVID-19 virus.
· Makes recommendations to Tribal Council on evolving social distancing practices to mitigate potential spread of the virus on the reservation. As information is changing continuously regarding COVID-19 locally, reports will be required to leadership.
· Remains knowledgeable on relevant federal, state, and other tribal-specific funding resources including the CARES Act, ARPA and secondary funding opportunities.
· Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
Possession of a bachelors/master's degree in healthcare, human resources, or business A minimum of 5 years of experience directing a project from beginning to end.
Ability to quickly tap into connections with public health expertise and resources. Experience with federal funding.
Experience in managing budgets.
Supervisory experience in health, social service, or education programming is preferred.
CONTRACT FOR SERVICES: The nature of the America Rescue Plan Act activities will be a short duration of up to three years, and this position will not be a permanent position for the tribe. Contract for services will include Health Insurance benefits and paid PTO per year. The tribe will determine time, dates and location of work to be performed. Further, due to the unique nature of the Contract for Services program, employer and employee taxes will be withheld and paid.
** ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
** INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL BE PRACTICED, HOWEVER, ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME / APPLICATION TO:
THE OMAHA TRIBE OF NEBRASKA
ATTN: PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 368 MACY, NE 68039
(402) 837-5391 / TELEPHONE (402) 837-4526 / FACSIMILE