Controller: Three Nations Management Corporation
Three Nations Management Corporation
Position Title: Controller
Supervisor: General Manager (GM)
Status: Regular Full-time (Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 pm.) Attendance at evening
meetings of TNM Corporation Board and Colony Enterprise Authority Board
Salary: $75,000-$95,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
Posting Date: October 1, 2020 – November 6, 2020
Location: Reno, NV
Position Summary: The incumbent will implement the accounting and operations systems of the TNM Corporation and its respective cannabis business operations as developed by the General Manager, the Colony Enterprise Authority and the TNM Corporation. The Controller will assist in the development and oversee the management of the company’s accounting, operational processes, business performance/standards and the regulatory compliance standards. The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, fiscal planning and business support in all the planning and operations of the businesses and financial-related activities of the company including realizing TNM Corporation’s budget projections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, implement and manage accounting software, systems, controls and policies & procedures for the Corporation and its respective business operations.
2. Provide timely and accurate financial reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis (or as necessary for business purposes), financial package, reports and analysis.
3. Prepare monthly journal entries and month-end close processes.
4. A/P and A/R oversight and reporting.
5. Perform monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations.
6. Improve profitability through monitoring revenues, costs and other expenses.
7. Follow generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operational costs and increased revenues.
8. Prepare annual budget, capital expenditures and working capital for the corporation and its respective businesses and departments.
9. Assist with internal and external audit.
10. Develop and monitor the financial performance and metrics of the corporation.
11. Assist in developing short/long-range financial and operational goals & objectives.
12. Build and maintain banking relationships as well as interface with outside service providers.
13. Perform sensitivity analysis on pricing, margins and break-even analysis.
14. Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual closings of inventory system including physical inventories.
15. Coordinate, prepare and submit all tax reporting, remittances and reconciliation as required.
16. Initiate, lead and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
17. Motivate team members to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team.
18. Lead teams and employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
19. Complete performance reviews in a prudent manner, as applicable.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience in financial leadership positions.
· Preferred CPA (or equivalent education).
· Must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple projects and tasks without constant, close supervision.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both orally and in writing.
· Working knowledge of business proposals and business plans, budgeting and capital budgeting analysis.
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
· Preferred knowledge of Nevada commercial, tax and corporate laws.
· Must be bondable, able to pass a security background check, and complete a Conflict of Interest Declaration/Professional Ethics-Disclosure Requirements.
· Capable of obtaining a valid Nevada Driver’s License within 6 months but no later than a year.
· Indian preference applies.
· Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office Products, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Access, for example.
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
· Financial analysis, forecasting, budget and performance metrics experience.
· Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00PM Pacific Time of the Closing Date of Friday, November 6, 2020.
Contact: Please contact Travis Nabahe to request a copy of the application and send the completed application at email@example.com but please call him at (505) 218-2624 if you have any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring preference will be given to qualified members of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony followed by members of other federally recognized tribes. The Corporation requires all selected candidates to successfully complete a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and confirmation of professional references.