LINCOLN, Calif. – Thunder Valley Casino Resort opened a new steakhouse, poker room and expanded gaming space May 7 in advance of the grand opening of its new hotel, pool and spa July 1.
“The opening of the new poker room and steakhouse is just the beginning of a big summer ahead at Thunder Valley,” said General Manager CJ Graham. “We have the rest of the expansion opening soon with a new hotel, pool and spa and a summer concert series that is already generating buzz. Guests at Thunder Valley have come to expect the unexpected so we are intent on making the experience unique and special for each individual.”
Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s newest restaurant is High Steaks Steakhouse. High Steaks features a menu that includes original appetizers, salads and soups. There will also be several entree options featuring kobe beef from Corning, Calif. as well as the freshest seafood dishes and the finest grilled steaks in the region. High Steaks, with its completely new look and atmosphere will continue to feature creative cocktails in the bar and the highest level of customer service.
For the first time in its history, Thunder Valley will feature live poker with real chips and live dealers in its poker room. The new poker room can hold 80 players now, but will open to its full capacity of 160 players in June. Guests will be able to play Texas Hold ‘Em as well as Omaha Hi-Lo, but will also be able to play other variations that players request.
Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a 200,000-square-foot, entertainment and dining complex owned by the United Auburn Indian Community, opened in June 2003. Thunder Valley Casino currently offers approximately 2,700 slot and video machines, 100 table games, a 500-seat buffet, food court, Thunder Café, High Steaks Steakhouse and Koi Palace. Also on property is the Falls Bar, Thunder Bar and parking for more than 4,000 vehicles.
Construction is underway on an expansion that will include:
- 42,500 square feet of expanded gaming space designed to accommodate additional slot machines, table games and a poker room (in addition to the current 102,000 square feet of gaming space);
- A 17-story, 297-room hotel;
- A 35,000-square-foot pool area , with pool bar, restrooms and cabanas;
- A 10,100-square-foot spa;
- A new center bar, service bars and gift shop;
- A 10,000-square-foot entertainment hall;
- A complete remodel of the existing casino and restaurants;
- A seven story parking garage with approximately 3750 spaces.
The expansion is expected to be completed in July 2010.