LINCOLN, Calif. – With the hotel and casino expansion on track to open in July 2010, Thunder Valley Casino and Resort is now taking applications for more than 600 new jobs. Applicants can go online and click on Careers to apply.
There will be opportunities in most departments at the resort. Nearly 200 of the new positions will be in the hotel and spa, and another 400 positions will be in the area of casino operations. Interviews will begin in March and continue into April; Thunder Valley hopes to complete the initial phase of hiring by May 15.
“We are incredibly excited to be able to create over 600 new jobs for the local community,” said Jessica Tavares, chairwoman of the United Auburn Indian Community. “At a time when there is so much bad news about the economy, we believe our new hotel, spa and expanded casino will continue to be an economic engine for this region.”
Available positions range from entry level to managerial. Positions will be both hourly and salaried with shifts available 24 hours a day.
More than half the new positions will be full-time, which will include dental, vision and health benefits, as well as paid time off. The part-time positions will also qualify for paid time off and all team members over 21 years of age are eligible to participate in Thunder Valley’s 401K plan.
To see the list of available positions and submit an application, visit Thunder Valley’s Web site and click on careers.
About Thunder Valley
Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a 200,000-square-foot, entertainment and dining complex owned by the United Auburn Indian Community, opened in June 2003. Located 30 miles east of Sacramento, it is Northern California’s first casino offering all the elements of real Las Vegas-style gaming: Service, cuisine and entertainment in an attractive, quality facility. Thunder Valley Casino currently offers approximately 2,700 slot and video machines, 100 table games, a 500-seat buffet, food court, Thunder Café, Austins Steakhouse, and Koi Palace. Also on property is the Falls Bar and parking for 4,000 vehicles.
Construction is underway on an expansion that will include:
- 42,500 square feet of expanded gaming space designed to accommodate additional slot machines, table games and poker room (in addition to the current 102,000 square feet of gaming space).
- A 12-story, 297 room hotel (with three shelled floors which, if built out, would allow the hotel to have 400 rooms).
- A 35,000-square-foot pool area, with pool bar, restrooms and cabanas.
- A 10,100-square-foot spa.
- A new center bar, service bars and gift shop.
- A 10,000-square-foot entertainment hall.
- A complete remodel of the existing casino and restaurants.
- A seven-story parking garage with approximately 3,750 spaces.