MARKSVILLE, La. – In celebration of its 15th anniversary, Paragon Casino Resort has commissioned a review of the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana and Paragon Casino Resort’s economic impact to Avoyelles Parish and the State of Louisiana.
In the spirit of the Tunica tradition of Cherishing Our Past and Building for Our Future, the report takes a look at the past 15 years and the successes and milestones that have made Paragon Casino Resort a vital part of the central Louisiana economy and a valued community partner.
Prepared by The University of New Orleans’ Division of Business & Economic Research, the report entitled “The Economic Impact of Paragon” includes the following key findings:
• In 2008 alone, Paragon generated an estimated total economic impact of $119.5 million in Avoyelles Parish.
• In 2008, Paragon and the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe contributed a total of $6.8 million to state and local governments.
• In the past 15 years, Paragon has contributed $25.3 million in parish support payments.
• Since opening in 1994, Paragon has hosted roughly 34.3 million visitors.
• Since opening in 1994, Paragon has invested more than $1.5 million towards employee education and growth, including GED expenses, college tuition reimbursement and training on and off property.
• Over the past 15 years, the Tunica-Biloxi tribe of Louisiana has contributed more than $8 million to the Avoyelles Parish police jury for the continued improvement of parish government and to benefit the community.
• In 2008, Paragon visitors spent $5.5 million in Avoyelles Parish, excluding lodging and gaming.
• Since opening its doors, Paragon has paid $446.8 million in wages.
• As the single largest employer in Avoyelles Parish, Paragon has 1,583 full- and part-time employees and supports another 1,067 jobs in the local community through its spending.
• Since opening, Paragon has contributed more than $2.4 million to nonprofit organizations throughout Louisiana.
“We are extremely proud to have had such a significant positive impact in our local community and in Louisiana,” said Chairman Earl J. Barbry Sr. “In keeping with the Tunica tradition, we are eager to expand upon the successes of the last 15 years as we look forward to the future.”
For more information regarding Paragon Casino Resort and “The Economic Impact of Paragon” report, visit the resort's Web site or call (800) 946-1946, ext. 2032.