Who's the most Native person? This relates a little bit to the idea of #NativerThanYou, which has been a popular hashtag among Indigenous tweeters, but this week one of our favorite accounts @_Native_Life revived the #HeIsSoNative and #SheIsSoNative hashtags, and there's some damn good stuff in 'em. How Native is he/she? He/she is so Native that...
10. #HeIsSoNative his first word was aaaaaye!
9. #SheIsSoNative Your kokum passed on her secret bannock recipe to her rather than your mom.
8. #HeIsSoNative that when he blows out his b-day candles, he proceeds to tell you a story from the smoke.
7. #SheIsSoNative even her time of the month runs on Indian time, and it scares the boyfriend every time.
6. #HeIsSoNative his frybread has been sold as "traditional medicine" to white people.
5. #SheIsSoNative she paints with all the colors of the wind.
4. #HeIsSoNative NDN Time waits for him.
3. #SheIsSoNative when she was born she came out side-stepping to a double beat,
2. #HeIsSoNative his braids are longer than hers.
1. #SheIsSoNative even her underwear is beaded.
Credits: @RoknRob121 (10), @wapimaskwa69 (9), @_Native_Life (8, 7, 5, 1), @Daxoai (6), @FrybreadSoldier (4, 3), @GWLeah (2)