Once again, we're looking at those traits and habits that are particular to Native Americans—as submitted by real Native Americans on Twitter, using the hashtag #YouMayBeNativeIf. How many of these apply to you (or a blood relative)? If it's, hmm, two or more, well—you may be Native. We are hoping this information does not come as a surprise to you.
PREVIOUSLY:Top Ten Signs You May Be Native
Thanks, as always, to the clever folks who came up with these; their Twitter handles follow the list.
10 MORE Signs You May Be Native
10. #YouMayBeNativeIf you're 28 and still scared of your mom
9. #YouMaybeNativeIf you own one or more everyday items covered in beads (and use them regularly).
8. #YouMayBeNativeIf you found your love while on the powwow trail.
7. #YouMayNeNativeIf you run a black market commod cheese network.
6. #YouMayBeNativeIf you have an English name and a Native name and a rez name
5. #YouMayBeNativeIf you don't know what breed your dog is. Like, no clue.
4. #YouMayBeNativeIf you always corrected your history teachers in class, but barely passed the course with a D+.
3. #YouMayBeNativeIf someone asks you where you're from and you answer with your Tribe, not your city.
2. #YouMayBeNativeIf all your kids' names start with the same letter.
1. #YouMayBeNativeIf you're a fast runner from all those nights you ran home after dark on the rez and felt like someone—or something—was chasing you.
Credits: @_Native_Life (10, 8, 5), @hell_on_wheelz (9), @Badponymedicine (7), @GWLeah (6, 3), @unsuperjay (4), @YthoftheN8tion (2), @santarosahawks (1)