Skip to main content

Comanche Boy Defeats Thunderkick by Unanimous Decision

Comanche Boy is still undefeated.

George (Comanche Boy) Tahdooahnippah came out on top in a battle of Native boxers in a somewhat unique bout staged in Oklahoma. Tahdooahnippah earned a unanimous decision over Thomas (Thunderkick) Longacre in a six-round middleweight fight held this past Friday at The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tulsa, Ok.

With the victory, Tahdooahnippah, who is Comanche and lives in Lawton, Okla., boosted his impressive record to 27-0-1.

As for Longacre, who is from Oklahoma's Creek Nation (Muscogee), this was his first boxing match in almost a decade. But he's a former world kickboxing champion and a current competitor in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) events.

Despite his relative inexperience as a boxer, Longacre felt he was capable of handing Tahdooahnippah his first loss in the pro ranks. The match was held in front of a sold out crowd of 3,000 fans.

Interest in the bout was high not only because of Tahdooahnippah's undefeated record, Longacre's kickboxing past/current MMA career, but also because the pair had engaged in a war of words. Longacre seemed rather incensed his opponent had claimed he had never heard of him before despite his reputation in the kickboxing and MMA worlds.

"It was a good fight," Tahdooahnippah said of the encounter, which was the headline bout in an event dubbed Xtreme Fight Night 2. "He came to fight. And he was a better boxer than I thought he was."

But Tahdooahnippah didn't feel he was seriously challenged during the fight.

"He was the stronger guy," he added of his opponent. "But I don't think he had a game plan. I had superior boxing skills."

Longacre had plenty of praise for the victor. "He was a little bit quicker than I thought," he said. "And he was very good at evading a lot of my punches. "Longacre said his game plan was to try and stay on top of Tahdooahnippah.

"He boxed more by staying away from me," he said. "I was in his face the whole time. I came forward but he just hit me with little pepper shots."

Tahdooahnippah was not surprised that Longacre was able to go the distance with him. "I knew he had a heart," he said of Longacre. "And he had a good chin. I hit him with some good shots. A lot of other guys would have gone down."

Tahdooahnippah believes he was the better fighter in each of the six rounds. So he was somewhat surprised to hear one of the judges scored the fight by a slim 58-56 count in his favor.

The two other judged scored it 60-54 and 59-55 for him, giving him the unanimous decision.

Longacre though felt the fight should have been scored a lot closer. He believes each fighter won three rounds.
Longacre added those in attendance were the big winners.
"What I'm really happy about is that we put on a great show for the fans," said Longacre, who entered the fight sporting a 28-2 record as a pro kickboxer and MMA competitor.
Both fighters had large cheering sections at the Tulsa match.
"It was a split crowd," Tahdooahnippah said. "I could hear chants back and forth. And it was probably the loudest crowd I've fought in front of."
Longacre said the two fighters only had time for a brief conversation in the ring after the fight.
"I just said thanks for helping to hype the fight," Longacre said, adding some of the pre-fight talk had no malicious intent. "It was hype. Whatever sells tickets. Me and him sold out the show."
While the pair didn't talk outside the ring afterwards, Tahdooahnippah said he did have a chance to speak with Longacre's father.
"He told me it was a good fight," he said of the senior Longacre. "And he apologized about all of the pre-fight hype. I said don't worry about it. There was nothing to it."