A cleaning solvent was the culprit that caused hysteria among 23 San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino employees who reported feeling dizzy and nauseated last month, authorities said. After determining that the mysterious odor that invaded a cash-counting room April 28 was not hazardous, fire and health officials set about retracing the employees' steps in the hours before they reported feeling ill.
Indian Country Today is a nonprofit news organization. Will you support our work?
All of our content is free. There are no subscriptions or costs. And we have hired more Native journalists in the past year than any news organization ─ and with your help we will continue to grow and create career paths for our people. Support Indian Country Today for as little as $10.